The December meeting was a club day which followed the usual pattern of everyone milling around and chatting about anything that came to mind at that moment. Chris Withall took on the big lathe hacking in to a large lump of something seriously hard. Keith Leonard was on one of the small lathes turning a small bowl and Geoff Horsfield was turning light pulls. Paul was turning another bowl to be decorated with more of his artistic work and the rest of us just watched what was going on and talked some and now and then even asked an intelligent question. We do know how to enjoy ourselves. As usual it was a good day and a nice way to round off the year.
Revised social events calendar for 2018 from Dawn.
The next meeting is Saturday 13th January 2018 and is of course the AGM.
- Sat 3rd Feb. Scout taster session
- Sat 17th Feb Club annual dinner at the Fruiterers Arms
- Sat 3rd March Scout taster session
- Sat 14th April Yandles ( to be confirmed)
- 16/17or 23/24th June Charity event at Woodlands Garden Centre
- Sun 1st July Club BBQ at Milstead hall
- Sat 7th July Gilwell Scout adventure Gilwell park Chingford
- Sat 7th July Newington festival at Newington C of E primary school
- Sat 14th July Wisdom hospice Rochester Charity event
- Sat 20th Oct. Fish ‘n’ chips ‘n’ skittles. Milstead
- Sun 28th Oct SAW competition at Mytchett
- 17/18th Nov Woodlands Charity event
This is your chance to give us your thoughts on how well (or not) the club is running and perhaps any changes you would like to see.
The committee will stand down which gives you a chance to elect a new committee and perhaps take over one of the positions ie a new secretary!!
Enclosed with this newsletter you will find a copy of the minutes for the 2017 AGM, a copy of the agenda for the AGM and a double list of the menu for the annual dinner to be held on Saturday 17th February 2018
For those of you who are going to the dinner please fill in your meal requirements and keep one half for your self to remind yourself of what you ordered and give or send the other half to Dawn so that she can pass it on to The Fruiterers Arms.
The cost for this year is set at £25 per head. Requests must be in by the January meeting.
And don’t forget to bring a spectacular piece of work to enter for the Orchard Memorial Trophy.
That about wraps it up for this one so a happy new year from all the team and we look forward to seeing ALL of you on the 13th.